Sunday, June 6, 2010

What Goes on In That Little Head?

Bert is a strange little kitty. He's got all the energy in the world and a love for life that you can't believe. He's a happy little boy but, he's a scare little boy.



I think things went "wrong" for him when he was young and he got a deep inner ear infection. During that whole time period he spent much of his time having vets poke at parts of his body he didn't enjoy. He ended up with a fear of strangers. He also ended up with bell's palsy on one side. His eye doesn't blink and his ear doesn't wiggle around.



This no blinking eye thing makes for great pictures of him "winking" but it made him very protective of his eye and he hides from the world. When its just the three of us in the house (Chief, Bert and me) he runs around like a maniac, getting into all sorts of trouble. Poking his head into anything and everything.



Sometimes he doesn't fit into the places he finds so well but that doesn't stop him. If I call his name he appears almost instantly from wherever he's sleeping or hiding.


But usually, I don't have to call for him because he's always near. When I sit and knit he's on top on me or in the rocker next to my chair. But, with all with wanting to be around me and Chief, he needs to protect his bad side.

Bert needs to be where he can make a quick escape in case there's a strange noise outside. He doesn't like to be held too long but loves to be pet if he's got his feet on the ground or a solid surface.


Bert is one cool kitty and I'm glad he's part of my life - even if I can't figure out what's going on in his little head!





You don't need to understand me - just love me. - Bert

1 comment:

Cait said...

After having to bring one of my beloved lady cats to the vet for her last time in Feb., I love your mentions of your beloved furbabies.
I have other beloved furbabies, but when you lose one, the heart quickens when you think you hear their 'meow', only to realize that they aren't with you any more.
She left me two days short of a year of when her Mom left me.
I hope her mom was there to see her in that new home with God, and hopefully, if I am good enough, I will see all of my beloved furbabies from large to small, when I get there....