Thursday, April 2, 2015

Seven Years Ago

April 2, 2007 I wrote my first blog post. That was seven years ago. I know the last several months I've been silent but with everything going on I just haven't had the desire to write here. But, this being my blogiversary I thought I should post something even if it was just to say, I'm still here.

Seven years ago Mom and Dad were dealing with memory and aging issues. Dad had Alzheimer's and Mom was just your every day old age dementia. I was caring for them with the help of the people at their individual residents. My brother and sister-in-law were living in LA. My aunt was living in her apartment/care center. And my other aunt and uncle were living at home. None of that is the same anymore. Of all those people only my one aunt remains. She lives in a memory care home and is now dealing with Alzheimer's in her own way. You just never know what seven years will bring. Looking at this paragraph you would first think, how sad- everyone is gone. That's true but it's not the only story of the past seven years.

My cousin's children have grown up and are now incredible young adults attending college. My other cousin's daughters have had major life changes. One got married, has her own business and now has a wonderful husband, two beautiful children and a new home. Her other daughter is a manager at a retail store and moving up the ladder at her company while enjoying the company of the love of her life and they have a new home. Friends of mine have all stayed close and provide support and good times. One friend has gotten much closer through the past six months and become my travel buddy with all that is going on in LA. My knitting group meets regularly and has retreats during the year.

I've had the chance the travel to quilt shows and knitting shows. I retired this year and plan on more trips and fun times. So, while life has taken away many of my loved ones it has also given many new opportunities and I've met new wonderful friends in LA that I enjoy spending time with when I'm out there. It all depends on how you look at things.

Hopefully soon I'll be ready to start blogging again and showing off all the fun things I've been doing, things I've been knitting and quilting and exciting things I'm going to be doing. In the meantime, I'm here. Chief is here. Bert is here. And- were all good.




No comments: