Saturday, April 27, 2013

Winter-Spring-Summer in one week

Such a strange week. We started Monday with a snowstorm and ended the week today with people running around in shorts and t-shirts with the weather in the mid 70s. It's a year of records with the lakes still thick with ice and opening fishing only a couple weekends away. But - we're ready for spring/summer and many people were out at the garden stores this morning buying things to make their yards and gardens pretty for the season to come.
 
Monday's view from the den window
 

 
In the meantime, the boys are busy doing what they do best. Bert hung out with me on the recliner making sure I was knitting properly.

 


Chief watched the news to be sure no more snow was heading our way. (I think he has a new girlfriend!)

Today was Yarnover, the annual Minnesota Knitter's Guild show. I headed over there to do a little shopping in the vendor area but didn't take any classes this year.

Next weekend is the Twin Cities Quilt Shop Hop. Between Thursday-Friday and Saturday there are 8 shops to visit and pick up a fabric sample, pattern info and, of course, do some damage to the credit card. I almost went over to grab something today but decided to wait till the shop hop so I can show some of the shops some "love". They put on a great hop every year. This year I need backing for a couple quilts and it's time to give up and buy a needle threader. I've been told the Clover desk needle threader works great and my eyes can use all the help they can get!

No comments: