Sunday, May 19, 2013

Same ole'......

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since the last post but, that's what the date says. Life at work has been one massive yuck. I'm not only doing my regular position but also covering another one since it is taking forever to find someone new. As a result, I'm trying to do 2 jobs at the same time and one of them takes great coping skills. I come home tired and not in the mood to be creative. I've been sitting each night eating fast food cause I'm too weary to cook, staring at the TV and knitting basic things. I worked on the 19 stitch afghan and a pair of garter rib socks. Both of which take no creativity, just let the brain cruise into neutral and watch the stitches appear.

The socks are done as is a lace scarf I've been working on for a few years on and off. I also decided to get some quilting done but - there's that whole "creativity sucked out of me" thing going on so I made a placemat this weekend. My quilt guild is making a bunch of Christmas placemats for Meals on Wheels and said if we each make two they'll have enough. So, one down, one to go. I still need to finish the binding and I'll get a picture when it's done.

Rumor has it an offer has been made for the other job at work but even if the person says "Yes" there's still all the starting stuff - background checks, drug test, etc. and then there's the time to train this person so I'm guessing I have 3-4 weeks left of double duty. If there's no posts during this time, forgive me. I'll catch up when I can and I'll look really hard to find my creative drive and that part of me that like to post pictures of the projects, the cats and other silly stuff, Just know that I'm not depressed or anything, just weary. Bert and Chief are doing their jobs and keeping me company and providing a great source of cuddle time. They do that better than any cats I know!

No comments: