Friday, February 7, 2014

SWS - Small Winter Swap

The group that I help moderate on Ravelry and another group decided to do a winter swap. We called is SWS or Small Winter Swap. The plan was ladies would make a mug rug or dish cloth or something small that would fit in an envelope for someone in the other group. The project  bag I showed in the last post was part of my package to the lady I was given.

My package came this week and I waited a couple days to open it because I had a really crummy start to the week and didn't want the package to get lost in my crummy feelings. So, when I did open the package it was a treat. Nobody in the group sent just a dishcloth and nobody took the fit into an envelope to mean a regular #10 envelope. Everyone out did themselves spoiling the other group and it made the winter a little less bleak.

It took several tries to get a picture of my goodies because the sound of plastic crinkling can raise the dead (or at least 2 kitties) around here! Here's just a couple of the pictures.

Weird - I computer decided to post this without any help from me so let's try adding some more and see what happens.....
The package was a treat as I said because I had a crummy week. Monday morning I opened my utility bill for the quarter from the city only to see a $1000 balance instead of the usual $200 or so! WHAT!?!? It showed my usual water usage for 3 months is under 6K gallons but last quarter was 168K. That's 7 years worth of water! HOLY COW!!!
I called the city and we set up a guy to come out the next morning to see what was going on. My hope was the digital readaer had a bad chip or something. No such luck. The toilet in the bathroom in the basement that I haven't used for a couple years got bad rubber seals in the tank (probably from non-use) and since Nov 21 at 7:41pm (yes, they can trance it back that accurate) it has been leaking a boatload of water. I literally threw all that money down the toilet. I never heard it because its in the back part of the basement behind a couple wal;s and next to the furnance which makes its own noise. Lesson learned - all homeowners need to walk around their house at least every couple weeks to those areas they don't normally use just to check things out!


Anonymous said...


That money could have bought some very nice yarn. Hope things are going better -- Carol

Beth said...

Oh that is terrible! We got a gas bill last week that indicated our meter hadn't been checked in awhile. No fun! The SWS looks like a good score though. Stay warm up there!

Toni said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with Carol--think of all the lovely yarn that could have bought!

What a delightful swap! And I see the boys are enjoying your package as well. :)