Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Healed Heel & Fun Yarn shops

I've had the past few days off and have enjoyed them quite a bit. Today was a doctor appointment. We took x-rays and poked my foot. In the end he declared my foot healed. It will take time to be fully back to a normal foot but there's no reason to come back to see him unless something bizarre comes up. The doctor continues to be amazed at how quickly I healed and how much strength is already back to my tendon. I managed to wear a real shoe for a couple hours yesterday and today but I can tell my foot isn't ready for a full day of normal shoes yet. But - I'm getting there faster than normal. Yea foot!

The fun part of the past couple days was getting ready my visitors next month. As part of Yarnover the weekend of April 17th I'm hosting several ladies from the SheKnits Podcast group on Ravelry. We've known each other for quite a while but most of us have never met in person. That weekend we'll be having a big party.
Thursday night there's my regular knit night group and some of the She-Knitters will be coming along.
Friday night will be knit night at my house for the group.
Saturday is Yarnover with a dinner at a local restaurant that evening.
Then Sunday for those interested we'll be doing a Shop Hop. So naturally I had to go visit a couple shops I don't normally get to and check out directions and schedules to be sure they are open Sunday.

Yesterday I went to Borealis. I live on the west side of the cities and don't get over to the east side too often. At Borealis I was greeted immediately and when I explained I was there to check out the place for a shop hop I was given a tour of where the yarns were and had a great chat with the staff member (sorry I can't remember her name). Not once did she try to sell me anything. She was just friendly and wanted me to be comfortable. That's the kind of service that makes you want to come back and buy at that shop.

Today I drove to the northeast end of the cities and went to Lila and Claudine's. I had heard about this shop and would have gone there sooner but its down a flight of stairs and I wasn't sure my foot could make it there until now. All I can say is - WOW! The shop is my kind if place. Colors and yarn and big stuffed chairs to sit in and knit. Friendly people. My first impression was like walking into a Mary Engelbreit picture. When I talked to Kirsten and one of the ladies who works there (again sorry, I'm terrible with names) I felt like they were old friends.

No comments: