Saturday, February 19, 2011

Busy Day.... Need Nap

It's been a busy day at Le Chat. Bert spent about 15 minutes running up and down the hall followed by leaping up onto the table next to the recliner and grabbing my knitting. I would gently say "no". Being a good boy, Bert would put his paw down for about 10 seconds and try again. Then- back to the hall to run around.
Back to the knitting. Repeat. I finally took the computer off my lap and he came over to lay down and took a nap. Silly, smart boy. He's figured out picking on the knitting will get my attention and he'll get his way.

After his nap he was thirsty so decided not to go all the way to the kitchen for a drink. My water would do just fine.


Meanwhile, in the kitchen Chief was busy rearranging the papers on the table. I'm sure he thought he was being helpful!

The activity was too much for both boys and they decided to head for the sun coming in the window and take another nap.


Wouldn't it be great to be a cat and spend time playing, eating, stealing people's water and taking naps! Of course, that would mean no knitting time so maybe I'll just stay the Mom and let them nap on my lap while I cuddle and stritch their ears and bellies.

What the sun outside has been doing is pretty nice. The shoulder high snow banks are now starting to go away. All the streets have been cleared of snow/ice  and are definitely better to drive on. The piles that were so high you couldn't see if any cars were coming at street corners are now down enough so driving through intersections is safer. And - the snow plow piles of snow in my front yarn is becoming a very interesting sculpture. Last week at this time the snow plow piles were high and smooth. Now they're looking like strange critters trying to pop out of the snow.


Spring will get here one of these days. I just know it!

No comments: