Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013 is starting out good

2013 is less than a week old and it's already been a good knitting year. January 1st I started my first charity hat of the year and finished on Thursday at knit night.


 Then in the middle of the week I got a surprise. One of my friends gifted me a pattern I had in my favorites queue on Ravelry so I started knitting it this weekend. It's the Molly scarf and has been a fun knit. After the first couple repeats I got into a rhythm and found it hard to put down. I'd either want to knit till the next color change or knit "just one more ripple".



The one problem was changing skeins. I'm using Knit Picks Chroma in worsted weight (Pool Party colorway) and one of the skein had a knot in the middle of it. This meant losing about 1/2 a color repeat to keep things going OK. Then when I changed to the new skein - same thing. I've got 2 mini balls sitting next to my chair that I'm hoping I'll be able to work most of it into the scarf. I only have 2 skeins so I really want as much length as I can.

In the meantime, Chief and Bert have been monitoring all my knitting very closely. Some things never change no matter what the calendar year says!

No comments: