Sunday, January 31, 2010

Farewell to January

I'll be glad to say good bye to January in one way and sad in another. I spent all of January with my foot surgery and staying in the house recovering so I am glad to be now getting out a bit and seeing the "real" world again. But - I also spent January relaxing, decompressing from the stresses of everyday life and getting some knitting done with no guilt about other things I should be doing. That part I'll miss a lot.

Stress free is a good thing and I hope one thing I learned this month is that I need to allow the problems of the world to stay away from my den. So, I don't do new year's resolutions but this year I'm going to try and keep problems out of the den. When I come in here - the world doesn't. Let the kitchen table be the place for bills and life problems and let the den be a place for knitting, friendship, relaxing, etc. My little safe zone in the world.
My view of the outside world this month was through the window in the den (and the TV). All I worried about was seeing whether there was new snow on the roof of the house behind me. I was lucky this month and we had so little snow I didn't even have to hunt up someone to shovel the driveway/walkway. I hope February stays the same.

As I said earlier I did knitting this month. A few days ago I started a new sweater. I can tell I'm feeling better cause I burned through 2 skeins in 3 days. Much quicker knitting than the beginning of the month when it took me 2 weeks to go through 1 skein.
The sweater has cables on the front along with a yoke filled with "berries". The back is plain rev. st. with the berries yoke. I've knit a lot of berries the past few days with many more to come!

As for the Boys - they're off sleeping somewhere. (what a surprise).

No comments: