Saturday, September 29, 2012

Stained Glass Afghan is growing

I've been bouncing back and forth between knitting, quilting, embroidery and crochet. This week I concentrated enough on crochet to get the first 9 blocks of the stained glass afghan finished. I started out planning on using up leftover yarn but after a couple blocks I decided to go for a more planned design.

I've decided to keep the green,black and blue the same and change up the "flower" part of the block. Now I'm thinking I'll keep the remainder of the blocks in gold and have the off white as 4 accent blocks.

Keeping this away from the boys has been interesting because I plan to keep this as cat hair free as possible so it can be used to warm company when the house seem a bit too cold for anyone. Right now these 9 blocks are hiding away in a plastic bag away from cat access.

Today has been knitting - tomorrow quilting. Let the good times roll.

No comments: