Friday, April 13, 2007

Getting back to normal

I survived the family visit this past weekend. My Bro and sis-in-law came from California and spent 5 days learning what it is like to deal with parents with severe memory problems. Now they understand a little better which helps me cope. Somehow having someone else know what you're going through makes it a little easier. Mom called my cell phone today because she "lost her husband" and didn't know where I was. After explaining he was next door to where she lives at the Memory Care place and I was at work and the rest of the family went home 2 days ago she decided everything was okay. (and she's the one with the "good" memory!)

Enough of that. I did get some knitting done this weekend. Not what I hoped to but I got a sweater sewed together. It needs final touch up blocking and then I'll post a picture. I also finished my Opal Rodeo socks. My brother can't understand WHO would wear something like THAT! So, I wore them to the family gathering Tuesday night and my cousins thought they looked great.

I also managed to finish Sam the Ram just before everyone came so he could be shown off. Sam is from
Three Kittens shop. There's new owners but I believe they still have the pattern.


No comments: