Saturday, March 1, 2008

Got Random Facts?

This week has been very busy trying to figure out what is going on with the new position. Especially since the person who had it prior to me left with no notice - without any procedure written down, any training, etc. I also had a really bad drive home this week because of snow during rush hour. It was a hectic day at work then the drive taking over 1 1/2 hour of “hard” driving and I fell asleep within half hour of getting home. No knitting happened that night.

I started a baby sweater this week and finished it except for the buttons. I’ll get them on this weekend and get some pictures.

So – because I have no pictures to show it’s time for stupid random facts about me. More than you ever wanted to know.

1. In 8th grade I won a Rubic’s cube contest by putting it together in less than 3 minutes. I won a monkey craved from a coconut. (the science department had a small budget!)
2. I can sing the entire Howdy Doody theme song. Along with several of useless TV themes.
3. I play my piano every January 1st so I can honestly say I’ve played the piano “this year” even if I don’t touch it the rest of the year.
4. Chief is named after my Grandfather who was a Chief Petty Officer in the Navy and was the oldest non-commissioned officer when he retired in the 1950s.
5. Bert is named after my Dad. Dad’s middle name is Albert and Bert sounded like a good name for a British cat.
6. I started hand sewing in kindergarten and made my first machine sewn nightgown in 4th grade.
7. I spent most of my summer weekends growing up at the family cabin with all my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. It was a great way to grow up!
8. “What’s a blog?” “Something losers put on line so others can read.” – random quote from NCIS that I’m watching right now……
9. I love to figure out things – murder mysteries, knitting patterns, the quizzes in the paper – you name it, I’ll try to figure it out.
10. I love reading series. It gives you a chance to get to know the characters long term. Some of the series I’ve read are Diane Gabaldon’s Outlander series; Stephen Lawhead’s King Arthur series; Jennifer Chiaverni’s Elm Creek Quilt series; and several others including a lot of crafty mystery series.

Ten things are enough for now. I’m going to spend the rest of today knitting and working on the basement, which I always say I’m going to do and never quite seem to get down there - maybe today!

1 comment:

Toni said...

How funny--my husband & I were just discussing the Rubik's cube craze in the 80s! I never learned to solve it without taking it apart (but I did learn to do that...) :)