Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Knitters Amaze me

The knitting world is absolutely filled with amazing people. People who write designs, people who podcast, people who create websites and zines for all of us to enjoy.

I've always been blown away by the amount of time people give their craft. Very few podcasters make any money from all their time and effort to create something for all of us to listen to. Many of the websites that offer us large amounts of information are done without money. Unfortunately this means some of the websites we come to know and love go away. The people who created them need to move on with their lives for time or money reasons. This is the fate this week of one of the web zines we are all used to having around. Magknits sent a notice out April 8th saying they have decided to end to website. It will be missed.

1 comment:

Giddy said...

Hi Jill,

One of my knitting friends put me on to your blog. I too, have two cats and "memory challenged parents", so I've been perusing your blog. Please visit us at acadiacove.blogspot.com. Kitties, Spike and Sluggo will welcome you.