Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sometimes you have have to babble

I've been doing a project for someone the past couple weeks that has taken a great deal of my evening time. So - not so much to blog or read other blogs. And, unfortunately, not too much knitting time. Don't feel bad for me. The project is exciting and will be of great help to the person I'm doing it for. It's definitely worth losing a little knitting time.

In the meantime I figured I'd just pop on and let everyone know I'm not being lazy about blogging, just don't have anything to post about.

Chief and Bert spend most of their time being cute or sleeping.

OK Mom, is this cute enough? - Bert

The folks are the same.
Work is - well - work.'Nuf said on that subject....
The weather is getting better-worse-better-not so worse... I think spring might actually be here but I don't want to tempt the weather fates by declaring it is actually here. That's asking for another snow storm by doing that!
I'm being terrible about my self remodeling. I need to get back to paying attention to myself. The MS30/60 bike ride is May I have to get on the bike NOW. But the weather just doesn't behave. I think this weekend will be good for riding. Keep your fingers crossed.

Finally, since there has been little knitting except for "The Sock that will not be finished" (SIL's Maizy 1x3 rib really long socks), I will show you something I knit long ago.

This is a knit panel that I used to teach knitting with "found" items. In the case of this panel it's a really thin cotton yarn (the black) about the size of crochet cotton and sewing thread. The background is 6 strands of sewing thread. I knit for a while and would break off one of the strands and grab another shade of the same color or slowly work toward the next colorway in an effort to blend the colors to look like a sunset. The picture isn't the best resolution about it gives you an idea of what it looks like.




Well, I need to get back to the secret project so I may not be blogging for a few more days. Have a great weekend if I don't "see" you before then.

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

I've been so sleepy I'm ready to join the boys in the nap pursuit. Think they'd let me in the castle? The Lacrosse season has started over here in EP - so that means my knitting evenings have disappeared.