Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's More than just Sock Yarn

Like a lot of us I have sock yarn. More than I need. A lot more than I need. So - I decided to start hunting up projects to use the sock yarn. Projects that may actually be used or at least are good to have as gifts.

Project #1 - Knit Picks Essentials Gloves.
These are a basic glove pattern because the colorway is too busy to add cables and things that would take extra time to knit but get lost in the striping. Plain works for me. I started this glove yesterday and have worked on other things beside this glove. It's a quick knit. The yarn came from my cousin who winters in Tucson and surprise of surprises the Color is Tuscon Multi. Isn't she clever!
Project #2 -Opal Zirkus Socks
OK. So I didn't say I wouldn't knit ANY socks. Just start knitting some other projects beside socks. The yarn is Opal Zirkus color 2007. It's another busy striping yarn so I decided to start a pair of plain garter rib socks. These make a great knit for times when I don't want to have to pay attention to what I'm doing. The color is actually brighter than the picture shows.
Project #3 Mitered Squares that may actually become something someday.
I don't plan on making a mitered square afghan as it would take about a bazillion squares but I'm making squares out of my leftover yarn until I come up with something to do with them.

Meanwhile, while I'm knitting sock yarn stuff Chief has been busy discovering the serger cover. I often wonder why people bother to buy things for their kids and pets because the best toys are usually the wrapping and boxes things come in.

Well, it's time to get ready for another work week. Only 5 days till the weekend and counting!

No comments: