Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Where's Step 2?

I'm in a midwinter funk. I get all these great ideas for knitting projects or cleaning the house projects or (insert pie-in-the-sky idea here) and I don't seem to be able to get to step 2.

Step 1 - come up with great ideas
Step 2 - plan great idea

Then of course there's the other steps including getting supplies, starting, continuing, finishing. but you first have to get past step 2.

Current great ideas that have not gone anywhere -
1. Using some of my machine knitting methods to create new hand knitting techniques
2. Make new nightshirt (long t-shirt) to replace the one I'm wearing that is in total tatters because it's at least 15 years old and I've worn it WAY too long.
3. Organize studio area of basement to be able to actually use it as a studio.
4. Design stranded work cardigan to use Kuani rainbow that I bought last year.
5. Finish bathroom remodel (lights, paint, etc).
The list goes on.

In the mean time I have continues to work on the cable sweater; I've made a few sock yarn mitered squares that will eventually be - something; I've purchased cat food (you gotta take whatever goals you can some days!); and I've done the dishes. Guess I'll just have to be happy with an progress I make until I get out of the winter funk.

Tomorrow I do have to pretend to be a happy camper because I have an interview for a promotion. Don't get too excited the position doesn't exist yet, they're just interviewing in case it opens up. Sounds like a fun day (yeah, sure...).

2 comments: