Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm 2 Years Old

Well - my blog is 2 years old. I just realized today is my blogiversary. What was I doing 2 years old?

"Back about a million years ago I had a shop. It was my passion. I sold knitting supplies for hand and machine knitting. I also sold sewing supplies - machines, quilting supplies, etc. We had fun. I also managed to travel the country teaching and wrote for a few magazines. People actually liked my patterns and bought them. So why did I quit. Simple. I didn't make enough to survive. No health insurance, no dinners out, no going to the movies, no money. I've been back in the "real world" for almost 10 years but I miss the creative life. It's time to return.

Now this isn't to say I haven't been sewing and knitting - I have. It's just that I haven't stretched the creative side of my brain too much lately. I buy patterns someone else wrote and the most creative thing has been to decide what yarn and what color. I'm in the middle several projects right now. I've knitting some socks - Opal Rodeo; a cable sweater from an old Knitter's magazine; I just finished knitting a gorgeous sweater out of Cascade 22o which needs putting together; and I made one clog that needs a partner and felting. I'll get some pictures up of these projects shortly. I'll let someone find this blog first."

I still work for corporate America, for health insurance and retirement funds. Not because its my passion.
I've posted a couple patterns on Ravelry for download.
The Opal socks are still being worn.
The cable sweater sadly, is still in progress. It's sitting about 2 feet away from me. The front and back are done and the sleeves are over half done. It was in time out for a while but lately I started making progress again.
The gorgeous sweater out of Cascade 220 was put together and I decided the sleeves were too long because I added width to the sides and this dropped the shoulder further down on the sleeve and well, you can figure the rest out. I took it apart and never got around to fixing. I really like this sweater so I must bring it out again to finish!
The clogs were finished but I never felted them because I planned on felting them once I decided who was going to get them to be sure the felting was the right size. But- I never gifted them so they've sat around done but not felted.

2 years later I'm still here. Some of my projects are done, some aren't. Things that have changed the past couple years are mostly because of Ravelry. I've met new friends and a new knitting group that was started thru Rav. All in all, I'm glad I blog and I'm glad knitting has been a vital part of my life the past couple years.

What's next? - guess we'll all have to wait and see. Maybe a few finished UFOs!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! I thin traditionally the 2nd aniiversay is cotton, how perfect that you snet off the cotton blanket to Sharon last week. May you have many more blog_iversaries to come