Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rumor has it....

The past week had definite signs of spring. It was quite exciting. I was outside without a coat. The snow finally melted off my yard. Life was looking good. Then this week came. We've started out pretty good but as the week goes on the colder it gets. They're even saying things like - rain mixed with snow - when giving the weather report for the rest of the month. Rumor has it we're in the season known as spring but, I have my doubts.

As with every spring I start thinking about getting healthy in my habits. This year I'll spend more time in the garden, I'll go out on my bike more. You know what I'm talking about. I usually end up doing nothing. This year I've actually started doing a few things in the right direction and have lost some weight.

One of the things I found that has been very helpful for eating healthier, cheaper and in a more ecological manner. I love popcorn but I hate microwave bags and the unknown chemicals they put in them to pop the corn. At Target I found a microwave popcorn popper that works. It really works well. I've also made rice in it and that turned out perfect. So, I had to share with wonderful find with you. The Target website doesn't show it but when I bought it the popper was under $10 and well worth the price.

Here's a link to the Nordicware website so you can see what it looks like. Nordicware Popcorn Popper.

No comments: