Monday, November 5, 2012

Whatta Week!

I didn't want to post I was going out of town for a special event because I'm basically paranoid that someone will read my blog and decide it would be a lovely time to visit my house and remove some of my clutter. But - I got home today from a wonderful week in Houston and after I get some sleep, do some laundry and have lots of kitty cuddle time I'll be posting pictures - lots of pictures!

I went to Houston Wednesday for the International Quilt Festival. I haven't been there for 10 years and lucked out. A friend said she would love to take a suicide trip with me. We drove straight down - 18 hours including potty breaks and arrived Thursday morning. We went immediately over to the convention center and walked around several hours in a daze.
Friday was NASA and Galveston and Saturday back to a very full day at the quilt show. Sunday morning we headed back to the Twin Cities and arrived this morning after driving through rain all night.

I'm tired but very happy. I took over 400 pictures, talked to an astronaut, bought some fun things and have a head filled with ideas for new quilts. Details and pictures to follow. (and I will get some pictures of my finished projects from the retreat).

Oh- my friend who came with - she's made one quilt in her life and had absolutely no idea what to expect. I was thrilled to be there but it was so much fun to watch her realize quilting is an art form and not "just" something to put on the bed. I see a new quilter in the making!

No comments: