Saturday, November 3, 2007

We Interupt this Life for some Knitting

The past 2 weeks have been quite busy. Two business trips, multiple parent care issues, a new site opening and having to set it up, the basement being water proofed, just life in general has been busy.
The basement has a new look to it - it would have been perfect to hold a Halloween party! The window in the upper part of the pic is one of my 4 new windows. Glass block with an air vent. Let the water try to get in now! (Never mind, I didn't say that. I don't want to tempt fate!)
Here's the waterproofing half way thru. After a day of jack hammers, the first crew laid a drain tile field, placed rocks over it and placed a drainage "cover" over that. Next day the second crew came in and put a new cement layer over this "mess". I have to wait a bit to re-tile but - it will be a nice warm, dry basement this winter.

Between all the things life did to keep me busy I did manage a bit of knitting, mostly in hotel rooms.

Before I show you the little bit of knitting I have a bit more knitting history to show you.


Yup. This is a 1983 postcard from Elizabeth Zimmerman herself to me. I deleted my address on it but it you can manage to read the note she mentioned a sweatshirt I knit and thought I should sent it to some magazines. I never did. It is however a most wonderful Lopi sweatshirt. I made it out of Lopi bulky with a hood, pockets and zipper up the front. It looks just like a regular sweater but is lopi-licious. EZ inspired me, mentored me and what little correspondence I did with her I treasure.
Now the knitting -
I finished the Smooshy socks. Pictures are a bit dark because the sun didn't grace us with it's presence today. Socks basics - Dream in Color Smooshy in diablo colbalt. Needles - size 2. Pattern - Sleepwalker Socks. I had quite a bit of yarn left over. I really like to subtle color change in the yarn.



Speaking of subtle color change - here's the beginning of the next pair of socks. The yarn is All Things Heather sock yarn in Raspberry. My Secret Pal gave it to me. The pattern is Wendy's Eyelet Rib Toe Up Sock.

My work for the weekend is done, unless I decide to clean the basement, get ready for my brother and SIL next week, get up to the other house to clean, paint the bathroom (finally), mow the lawn,.... or I'll just sit and knit for a while and watch TV.

3 comments:

Guinifer said...

You have been very productive, and busy! Good on the basement. It's always nice to have one less thing to worry about.

Lorraine said...

Ooooh - I love that color, too. I just finished my first pair with Smooshy in Visual Purple and I'll definitely be on the hunt for more of this great yarn.

Dry, good - wet, bad. We're living in a fog over here, but for a much different reason. Ewwwww!

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

That postcard is AWESOME!

And the cobalt... gorgeous! : )