Sunday, February 3, 2008

Going to the dark side

I haven't shown any fresh knitting lately which may make you think I've been idle. Nope. Just bad at taking pictures. Last weekend I started a new pair of socks- Regia Design Line (Kaffe Fassett) color4251. I told my Uncle I would make him socks as a thank you for all the extra work he's done for my parents. He gets them for church every Sunday and Christmas he went over to get them so I could get the house and meal ready for everyone. What a guy!
The first picture shows the actual color a bit better (but a little 'dull') . As usual I'm doing toe up. I decided the colorway was about as much excitement as my Uncle could handle so I made them in a 2x2 rib. But- I wanted something a bit more than plain rib so these are a cable rib. One round knit all the way around - next round knit 2- purl 2. This gives a bit of texture and interest without so much that the colorway losses the design.
The other thing you may notice is - I've gone over to the dark side. Yup. I'm knitting magic loop. It took me a while to try it but I had other projects on all my dpts so rather than not start these socks I gave the magic loop a try. So far, so good. However, I do not see myself ever trying the 2 circs. The thought of all the dangling 'stuff' doesn't appeal to me at all.

The other thing that kept me busy this week was getting my new "toy" down stairs and put together. This puppy weighs about a million pounds and was in a big box with a million parts to put together. After one day getting it home, one day it getting down stairs and one day putting it together, it's now a fully functional Nordic track excer-cycle. It has a MP3 plug in, personal trainer chips to plug in, all sorts of good stuff. I decided the bike is what I do best as far as excercise and the club near me closed so - put my money into a bike and see if I can get healthier. The Saturday of Mother's Day weekend is the MS 30-60 bike ride so I need to get myself ready. Last year my knee was acting up so I didn't ride. This year I'll be ready!