Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's Alive! I'm back to my Podcasts

Thanks everyone for your concerns about my iPod. It's amazing how used to technology we've become.

I ended up letting the iPod die (run its battery down). Like I had any choice - it wouldn't do anything else. After it was offically dead. I recharged it and it let me format after it was charged. Of course, all my music and podcasts are on the computer in iTunes so I didn't have any problems getting things back to normal.

I have gotten so used to the iPod Classic in the past few months that I forgot how small the storage was on my old Mini. The Classic has 80g memory while the Mini has 4g. Last night figuring I'd need to use the Mini I loaded up what I could but couldn't get everything on. At least it worked for my bike workout. Riding a exercise bike in a basement with nothing to listen to would have been terrible!

But - as of now I'm back to normal and listened to Sticks & String and a few others that posted new episodes this weekend. I also found a new podcast that sound like it will be good. Diva Knitting.

Since I started talking about podcasts yesterday I decided I'd list the ones I listen to in case anyone is interested in finding some new ones. I'm not going to link them as you can go onto iTunes or google the names.

Belle of the Ball
Cast On
Changelings Knit and Stitch
Diva Knitting
It's a Purl, Man
Knit Picks
Knitting at Night
Let's Knit2gether
Limenviolet
Ready Set Knit
She-Knits
Socks in the City
Stash and Burn
Sticks & String
Stitch It!
Sweaters for Dragons - he seems to be pretty slow at getting new podcasts up
Yarn Thing
Yarn Craft

Some I 've downloaded but haven't gotten to yet -
Craftcast
CraftLit
CRL
Faery Knitting
Knit Science
Knit Sibs
Knit Spirit
Knit Views
Knit With.Us
The Knitting Cook
Knitting Step by Step for iTunes
Knitty Nora's knitting natter
Lixie Knits It
Mamascrapalota Knits and Spins
Pointy Sticks
Purl Diving
Stitch Stud and His Bride

This list should give you something to listen to while knitting, or driving, or excercising, or cleaning the house, or ignoring the boss, or -
or what do you do while you're listening to podcasts?


Speaking of technology - just to let other blogger people know. They still haven't fixed spellcheck. If you go up to the right side and click on help you can then click on known issues then outstanding issues. This will let you check what problems they are working on. Spell check has been out since Feb 5th. Sure would be nice if they could get it fixed!

No comments: