Wednesday, February 20, 2008

NO!

I listen to podcasts at work when I'm doing boring stuff like plodding through a list of 400 copiers to be sure everyone was added properly to a website data base . SheKnits, Sticks & String, Yarn Thing, Stash and Burn, and so many others have kept my company during these boring times. Today was no different. As I worked on updating a list for one of our Iowa sites I caught up with Stash & Burn. On the way home I caught up with Stitch It.

So tonight I decided to get the iPod ready for the next week of listening. I turned it on and de-checked the episodes I've listened to and got ready to update from the computer. Then it happened - my iPod FROZE! It also froze my computer. I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to shut down the computer. Tried again and still iPod froze, computer wouldn't open iTunes when the iPod was plugged in. Plus the iPod doesn't show up on the computer. It doesn't charge. It's (da da dum) DEAD.

What am I going to do? How am I going to get through the rest of the boring database checking without my podcasts!?! Luckily I still have my old iPod but it's been sitting on the shelf for the past 3-4 months. I plugged it into the computer and downloads some of the podcasts I haven't listened to and one of my audiobooks. That's all the space the one has. It will get me through until I figure out whats going on.

So- no knitting tonight. I've been too busy trying to fix the iPod. No knitting tomorrow, I'm having dinner out with several friends. At least Friday will be knit night here so I'll get something done then.

3 comments:

Toni said...

Nothing messes up life like broken technology!!!!

Probably a dumb question, but did you try removing the battery and putting it back in? That fixed one of our remotes.

Guinifer said...

Did re-setting the iPod work? Or did you have the dead Mac icon? We have like six different versions of iPods here at our house - my teenager's video iPod is the only one that's ever died. Apple replaced it twice the first year he had it. They're repair service is pretty good too. Good luck with it.

YarnThing said...

I really hope the ipod gets back to normal :-)

Good luck!

marly