Thursday, August 16, 2007

More SP11 "homework"

I got some more SP11 homework and - if I don't do it right now, I'll forget. So here's more useless facts about me. Bet you can hardly wait! :-)

1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?
Besides the obvious needles and yarn I would have to say -er,um, a....... I can't think of just one accessory. I'm stumped. What a usually keep with me is a good pair of scissors, a good darning needle, notepad and pen, a small crochet hook. Come to think of it - the notepad and pen are the one thing I can't live without. I've used paper clips as cable holders, dental floss threaders as needles. I can come up with substitutes for everything but paper to take notes on or jot down new knitting design ideas.

2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project?
I haven't headed anywhere for vacation for a couple years. (sad but true) When I head out for business trips I take a tote full of current knitting with me. Usually the latest sock project, a magazine I haven't read yet, a small project such as lace, scarves or part of a project (like the sleeve or back). If it's more than 2 nights I try to hunt up a local yarn shop for my evening entertainment.

3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
I LOVE Great Britain. I've been there several times and usually rent a flat in London and use that as my home base. I've been to Scotland once so far and need to get back. The great thing about GB is how well they care for their history. Here, a building is 50 years old its ancient and torn down. Over there you walk around a corner and find a building from the 1500s or older. It gives you a sense of your place in the world beyond instant gratification. Also, The Victoria & Albert (V&A) museum has a killer textiles area with knitting from the beginning of time!

4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Almanac is the book I keep coming back to. I have an autographed copy that I am very proud of! Other books I've been "hanging out with" lately are Unexpected Knitter; Vogues Stitch Patterns- cable volume; and Victorian Lace Today.

5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?
I haven't gotten around to listening to podcasts yet but they're on my list of things to check out.

No comments: