Monday, May 21, 2007

Obsessive Compulsive Knitters

A strange thing happened today. When I find a new knitting blog I’m interested in I like to go back to the first days of the blog and get to know the person better. Guinifer left a comment last week (and today) so naturally I had to go visit her. Was I in the wrong place? This first post sounded strangely familiar! She’s a Minnesota knitter about my age and says:
"I am rather obsessive compulsive about my hobbies. I have lists. Booklists, knitting lists, scrapbook lists, although I must say, the scrapbooking is on furlough right now. I tend to hobby hop. Anyway. Lists. At the beginning of the year I set a goal for myself to read a book a week. That is 52 books in 52 weeks. Did I mention I have lists? I have 19 books to go."

Wait – I am compulsive about my hobbies. Oh no. I make lists – lots of lists. Even a list of what lists I have. I read a book a week last year (and made a list of them all). Did she say she tends to hobby hop. Can’t be. I just pulled out of a quilt phase from a stained glass phase and now I’ve returned to my hand knitting phase (not to be confused with the machine knitting phase). Will this never end!?!?!

It just goes to show you knitters are a breed of their own and if you look long enough you’ll find people out there that are much like you – an obsessive compulsive knitter. Maybe I better start a list of all these people…….

We're the best thing on the bookcase!

No comments: